Friday, September 21, 2012

Lino workshop


Last week I had the privilege of seeing Lino Tagliapietra with his team - Dave Walters, Darin Denison and Nancy Callan working at Canberra Glassworks. 

So in case there isn't already enough images circulating the web of the event already, I thought I might add a few.

I have put up a few of the highlights from the five days of demonstrations. Granted, it was all very amazing, snapping a pic at the right moment was easier said than done! 

Considering Lino is now 78 years young, I feel very privileged to have seen him working with his team, still coming up with completely new and beautiful works - it was all very inspiring.

    



Seeing Lino pull some zanfirico cane on the last day was probably my favourite thing of the whole week - he pulled about five canes, all practically perfect from end to end, it was a beautiful sight.



  

All in all, it was a pretty amazing and inspiring week - Lino and his teem are so humble. They work together beautifully, always calm and relaxed, and having a great time!
This last image is a pic of all the crew that made the trip from Adelaide, we had an awesome time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment